Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Make Over Your Make Up Bag!


First published on Intrigue.ie
Before I begin, I must admit that these products are of the want variety rather than need… however they are extremely pretty and very hard to resist if you’re anything like the magpie that is me. Just one of these will reinvent your make-up bag and put a smile on your face every time you use it – although be warned, they are on the pricey side..
YSL Rouge Volupte €31 – From the glamorous gold packaging to the creamy texture of this luxurious lipstick – this is one product I’m well and truly hooked on. Available in 29 shades, the long-lasting formula is pigmented with a Colour Shine complex giving you plump and radiant lips. As if this wasn’t reason enough to invest, there is also an added SPF 15, essential in the beautiful sunny weather we’re having of late!
Aerin Summer Style Palette €56.00  – Aerin Lauder, granddaughter of the esteemed Estee Lauder has created her own make up line and it’s simply gorgeous. Luxurious but girly, encased in this pretty packaging there are two neutral eyeshadows, a soft nude blush to warm the cheeks, two lip glosses and two lipsticks, in this handbag friendly palette. Other highlights to this collection include the beach cream which doubles up as a body lotion, beach conditioner and the bronzing powder but this palette is definitely pick of the bunch in my opinion.
MAC Pearlmatte Face Powder €29.50 – A sucker for all things MAC I think this collection is one of the cutest yet. As the campaign imagery shows it is inspired by sweet treats including delectable macaroons and decorative cupcakes. Entitled the Baking Beauties Collection, the colour palette is dominated by pastels and candy colours so it’s a must see for any self-confessed girly girl. It includes four lipsticks, five eyeshadows, three nail polished, a mascara and two face powders. While I could probably buy every item, for now I have my eye on the face powder In For A Treat -  half because I need one and half due to the pretty pattern!
Chanel Le Volume de Chanel Mascara €30 – When I think luxury I think Chanel and while a 2.55 handbag is way out of my reach, at least I can content myself with the odd make up splurge. The black packaging is trademark Chanel and its understated look is the last word in elegance. Do not be put off by the large wand, for on practised application it creates wonderfully glossy and Bambi-like lashes. For lasting curl, hold and volume, this mascara has all the makings of a cult product.
Benefit Primping with the Stars €37 – When discussing pretty make up I can hardly leave Benefit out. Three kits have been released of late; Do The Bright ThingBronze of Champions and Primping with the Stars. Each of these has its highlights but if buying one, I think I would choose Primping with the Stars. It contains mini versions of Stay Don’t StrayThe PorefessionalSome Kind-a Gorgeous in Medium, Benetint,Girl Meets Pearl & They’re Real! mascara. All of these have achieved great reviews in their own right, particularly They’re Real! and The Porefessional which are two of Benefit’s bestsellers. It’s the perfect complexion fixing kit and will look super cute in your handbag.
So that completes my round-up of pretty products… go forth and splurge!

No comments:

Post a Comment