Powered By Blogger

Friday, April 20, 2012

Electric Picnic Baby!

Disappointing news this week as Slane 2012 is not happening! I was very much hoping for a Coldplay headliner after all the rumours but alas it's not to be, this year anyway. With no Slane or Oxygen it seems it's all about Electric Picnic this year.

I for one am not complaining as the line up for this is pretty damn impressive. The Cure... seriously cool English Rock band that have been going strong since 1976. Yes there have been a few changes as front man Robert Smith is the only constant member. Their alternative rock quirky sound is not to be missed and they are sure to be one of the main highlights. Really hope they play Close to Me.

Ed Sheeran is also playing EP. His music... I just love it. My friends are seriously sick of listening to me rave on about him. From the angsty "You Need Me, I Don't Need You" to the sensitive "Kiss Me" Mr Sheeran is truly unique. I was lucky enough to see him in the Roisin Dubh last year and he is just amazing live!

That's not all. The Killers, Elbow, Glen Hansard, Hot Chip and Christy Moore among many others are set to appear at this year's Electric Picnic. It may be four months away but hey it's great to have something to look forward to, right! I'm a broke student at the moment but fingers crossed I'll be in the money for the first weekend in September. Festival fashion too... love it! Wellies, headbands, clashing prints, denim, tie dye, leopard print, leather, statement jewellery... it's all about the crazy!!

                                            The Cure - Close To Me (Bestival  Live 2011)

1 comment: