Powered By Blogger

Friday, March 8, 2013

IMAGE... Yay!

Felt quite guilty to see that my last post was in January and now almost two months later I have finally got back to the blogosphere. In my defence things have been pretty busy! I have managed to secure an internship in IMAGE magazine and how hold the grand title of editorial assistant.

I have been so busy what with moving to a new city, figuring out the best commute route, putting in long hours and trying to soak up every new nugget of information. That is no excuse for the lack of blogging but during the week it's pretty much..wake bus work lunch work bus home eat bed. At the weekend it's trying to see the people I am neglecting during the week and of course catch up on a little extra beauty sleep.

However I will try and find the time to blog more as I am seeing, learning and doing exciting things since joining the IMAGE team. Last week our March issue went to print and seeing my name in print on the magazine's masthead was a pretty cool moment. I always thought it was a cop out to say it makes all the hard work worthwhile but in a funny way it actually does. I guess it's because there is concrete proof to show that you were involved.

There is a lot of competition for internships like mine so I am determined to make the most of it and hopefully it will prove an important milestone in my career. It's only been six weeks and I have learnt so much from organising shoots to editorial planning, even attending my first editorial meeting was such a revelation for I really got to see how everything worked.

Its exciting so from here in I will do my best to blog about what I think are the most exciting and interesting events/news/happenings etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment